Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Anyone Have a Pair of Scissors?

Psalm 27:14 (NLT)

“Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.”

I looked up “wait patiently” on Biblegateway word search and found 10 instances where we are told to wait patiently, or told about someone who waited patiently. I like Hebrews 6:15, “Then Abraham waited patiently, and he received what God had promised.” I like that because when I look back on the story of Abram and Sari, I see many times where they did NOT wait patiently, but took matters into their own hands. BUT God kept His promise; He was patient with the weak humans, constantly giving one more chance when asked. That gives me hope! My faith in God’s promises gives me hope!
          I am generally not a patient person and when things are tough I want to see the light at the end of the tunnel-NOW! I find myself doing as Abram and Sari did...using MY plan B, only to find myself farther from that light.
          Over the years, I have gotten better at this but there are still times when my old self wins over my new self. Maybe it’s that bungee cord thing again--giving the onus of impatience to the Lord in a suitcase strapped to my wrist with a bungee cord.
          Could it be that it is when I turn my back on God that the cord causes the impatience to come springing back at me, smacking me in the head? I know I have asked before but I truly would like a good pair of scissors that could cut through that bungee cord once and for all!
         



No comments:

Post a Comment