Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I Have Come to Trust in God


1 Peter 1:21
New Living Translation (NLT)
“21 Through Christ you have come to trust in God. And you have placed your faith and hope in God because he raised Christ from the dead and gave him great glory.”


I have come to trust in God, because when I trust in Him I have hope. Hope for a better tomorrow. Hope that the medical flairs I experience will pass. Hope that one day I will be able to type without pain. Hope that one day I will be able to sit and walk without pain.
I don’t know what Paul’s “thorn in his side” was, although I have heard many theories. What I do know is that Paul persevered in spite of his physical limitations.
The facts are I have physical limitations, which are not always apparent to others,  and I must learn to accept them. That doesn’t mean that I must sit and wither away. No, I pray each day for the strength to continue this journey God has granted me. Although I may never be fully healed on this side of heaven I know Jesus is with me. I believe what is says in Luke 1: 36 “…Nothing is impossible for God…”

No comments:

Post a Comment