Friday, October 14, 2011

MY PILLAR OF LIGHT

Exodus 13: 21-22 (NLT)
“The Lord went ahead of them. He guided them during the day with a pillar of cloud, and He provided light at night with a pillar of fire. This allowed them to travel by day or by night. And the Lord did not remove the pillar of cloud or pillar of fire from the people.”
          I am presently struggling and long to see that Pillar of God before me. The other day in our church Bible Study, as we were studying 1Kings, a young member of the group asked, “Why doesn’t God speak to people anymore?” A number of us came up with answers of how God speaks to His people today. But as I sat here clawing my way out of the mental pit of darkness I found myself in this morning, I realized he was asking why God doesn’t speak audibly to us.
          I would love to say then I heard God say, “Debbie, get off that chair and sing my praises.” But that did not happen. What did happen was I began thinking about Joyce Meyers’ book, Battlefield of the Mind. That’s when I realized I had to call out to the Lord and ask for His help to release me from the negative thoughts that surrounded me. His peace surrounded me like a nice cozy comforter.
          As I look back to this morning’s sketchy start I realize God does audibly speak to us every day! Besides the Bible, God speaks to us through authors, speakers, pastors and most of all through the people with whom He surrounds us. We just need to sit still long enough to hear His voice.
          I praise God for the Pillar of Light He gave me this morning as I sat alone searching for His peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment