Thursday, September 22, 2011

Christ Accepts Us as We Are...

Romans 15:7 New Living Translation (NLT)
7 Therefore, accept each other just as Christ has accepted you so that God will be given glory.

          How easily I fall into the role of judge and jury. Not only when watching reality TV but also while living my daily life. Being brutally honest with myself I must admit I do this regularly. I know all the Scripture verses about judge not lest ye be judged but put me behind the wheel of a car and all those verses seem to drift away. Actually some days they blast away, far, far away! There is always someone driving too slow or too fast in my opinion.
          Looking at my life outside the car I definitely am more aware of my critical attitudes with others. Yet just today I have been reminded that sometimes (honestly-more often than I care to admit) I forget that accepting attitude when I enter my home.
          Sometimes I cross that threshold and I seem to become someone no one outside the home would recognize. How awful is that? The people I love most bear the brunt of my human weaknesses.
          I need another attitude adjustment…I need to accept my family members as they are and not hold them to unattainable standards. I need to accept me as I am while still being willing to make the needed attitude adjustments. I need to look at this verse and realize that Christ has accepted each of us and living in His light can only bring glory to God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment