Thursday, September 29, 2011

God Doesn't Keep a Scorecard!






JEREMIAH 33:11 (NIV)
“…Give thanks to the LORD Almighty, for the LORD is good; His love endures forever…”
          Recently I read a devotion from Adam Hamilton’s Church and the comments by Darren Lippe on the devotion included a quotation from a sign outside a church in Georgia. The sign said, “What if today was filled with only the stuff you thanked God for yesterday?”
            Wow! That really hit home for me! I pondered how often I went to bed without thanking God for His blessings throughout the day. I was not happy with my scorecard. I am forever grateful that our God does not keep a scorecard!
          I often read about the lack of etiquette these days because people do not write thank you notes for gifts. I wonder if the same people complaining about the lack of thank you notes remember to send their thanks each day to our Creator.
          A priest I know once gave the shortest sermon I ever heard but it was also one of the most meaningful to me. He said, “Above all else God is Merciful…I don’t know about you but as a sinner that is the best news I’ve ever heard.” To me that says it all.
          So now I make a conscious effort to thank God for His daily blessings. But I will continue to be forever grateful that even when I forget, God does not keep a scorecard!
           





No comments:

Post a Comment