Friday, September 9, 2011

Let's Party!

PSALM 91:15 (The Message)
 Call me and I'll answer, be at your side in bad times;
      I'll rescue you, then throw you a party

          Is anyone in the mood for a party? I know I could use some good cheer today.  The weather both local and national is enough to make me want to hide somewhere and vegetate for awhile.  Then I look at this verse where God tells me to call Him and He’ll be at my side, how could I not feel happy. 
          I have a really good friend who lives far away and when we get together we have a great time. This only happens about once a year because of the distance. I look at this verse and I think…God is my best friend and He is as close as a whisper of His name.  There is no issue of miles or weather conditions, I don’t have to worry about the number of bars I have on my cell phone or if my wireless connection is working for my computer. I just have to whisper His name and He is right beside me.
          Just knowing that I can call on Him when times are good or when times are bad gives me an indescribable peace. For me it is like the peace that Paul speaks of in Philippians 4:7; “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
          Who could resist a party thrown by the Creator of the Universe? Not me, so why not join me in whispering His name and knowing His peace?

No comments:

Post a Comment