Thursday, September 22, 2011

God's Got a Plan for Each of Us

Jeremiah 29:11 New Living Translation (NLT)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

          This verse is SO comforting to me. I love knowing that SOMEONE has a plan for me; when I realize God is that someone it’s even better. One of the good things about living for more than half a century is that fewer things throw me into a panic! I believe the reason for that is because God has shown me His presence over the years.
          I can look up and say, “Ok, God, what am I supposed to learn from this?” instead of screaming, “Why me?” I am not saying it is easy to get to this point because it is not at all easy. As a matter of fact sometimes the journey is devastatingly painful. The difference now is I know without a doubt that God is truly concerned about ME. I know God will work to make all things right in the end.
          I have spoken of my father in the past and once again I can use him as an example of integrity. Yet no matter how faithful and trustworthy my dad was he was still human and at times made mistakes. The awesome thing about my heavenly father is that He NEVER makes mistakes. He totally stands by His word.
          So next time you feel lost or have no idea where you are headed turn to the Lord because He has a plan just right for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment