Tuesday, September 6, 2011

We Are Never Alone

PSALM 139: 1-6
Psalm 139:3 “You scrutinize my path and my lying down, and are intimately acquainted with all my ways” (NASB)

         There have been times in my life when I felt totally alone, even in the midst of a group of people. I have even felt invisible at times, accepting the fact that my opinions were not important.
          When I read Psalm 139 I could not help but be shocked that the Creator of the Universe was interested enough in me to know and understand my thoughts. The words in verse 3, “intimately acquainted with all my ways”, jumped off the page and struck my heart. No longer was I alone, no longer did my thoughts and opinions count for nothing. I could not wait to share this truth with others. I found my once shy self being transformed into a passionate sharer of His word.
          I found my voice in sharing His Word. For years, I taught religious classes to children, trying to make His word come alive in their lives. Then I had to opportunity to lead adult classes. I have even had the opportunity to share my story with others at a retreat, as one of the speakers.
          One of the most amazing examples of God stepping into my life when I was following His will, came when I had a speaking engagement before the local district of the United Methodist Women. A few days before the engagement I lost my voice, it had not returned by the day of the meeting. The women prayed for me and the moment I stepped up to speak, my voice boomed forth. I have never experienced anything like that before or since. One thing I knew for sure…I was NOT ALONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment